Our Club played its first fixture in February 1959, and today enjoys fixtures with a mix of serving, retired and patron (civilian) members. Between 50 and 80 members contest each fixture. Police officers are more than welcome to bring along relatives or friends ( male or female) who are also able to join the club.
There are several highlights to the fixture year, including:
- The biannual Australian Police Matchplay Championships – played on the Murray River courses;
- The annual Australian Police Golf Championships – played on rotation in each State/Territory;
- Our Club Championships contested in July/August each year;
- Complimentary food platters after the game at some venues; and
- Our closing fixture and presentation dinner – golf followed by a buffet and open bar. A fitting way to finish the year.
If you would like to find out more about the club why not contact one of our committee.
If you have a friend or business associate who would like to become a sponsor the committee will be more than helpful in assisting you with any information you may require.
The history of the QPGC Committee is available for here.